St. Paul’s Hostel:
This very first building named after St. Paul and officially blessed in 1951 served as a multipurpose structure. Reason being that it served as hostel, lecture room, library, chapel, and refectory all in one. The seminary then had 25 seminarians on the roll and as such was able to contain the situation. This was not to last long as steady increment in the vocation to the priesthood continued to be recorded. In 1993 some of these halls were converted to single rooms numbering 54 by Very Rev. Msgr. J B. Akam.
St. Peter’s Hostel:
St.Peter’s Hotel was commissioned in 1958 by Rev. Fr. J. O’Neill CSSP. This building with a capacity of 64 single rooms had three halls that were used, as refectory and for lectures. These halls were later converted into single rooms in 1973 by Very Rev. Msgr. J. N. Ogbonna, thus bringing the total number to 125 with modification in the early 1990s by Very Rev Fr. B. Ngwoke.
Twin Hostels A & B (SS. Simon and Jude Hostels):
This complex, named after SS Jude and Simon, with a total capacity of 114 single rooms capable of containing more than two seminarians each and six fathers’ apartments with a central lounge (later turned into a chapel) stands out as the largest hostel built in the seminary so far. It took approximately two years to build, from 1974 to 1976 by Rt. Msgr. J. N. Ogbonna.
The Vatican Hostel:
The fact that the twin hostel complex stands out as the largest hostel does not mean that the problem of accommodation had been solved once and for all. Even the movement of philosophy campus to Ikot Ekpene and later to Seat of Wisdom, Owerri, did not help matters. Thus in 1987 yet another hostel was commissioned and named the Vatican Hostel by Rev. Fr. Peter. D. Akpunonu. If the twin hostel remains the most modern not only in terms of architectural design. This hostel, with 46 single rooms and two large lounges, serves as primary quarters for the deacons.